30 December 2010

Flipboard

The first thing I do in the morning while eating breakfast is open Flipboard in my iPad. I then flip through Facebook, Twitter, all the blogs I follow, BBC News, Mahshable Technology and the Swimsuit edition.
So why Flipboard? Well I love the presentation, you can read Twitter and Facebook as if you are reading a magazine that is customised to your needs. 
Twitter is concise but not very interesting, but Flipboard pulls all the related links and pictures related to the various Tweets and presents it as a magazine. May be I am still old fashioned, but I like the concept of reading a magazine. You can drill down deeper into the articles is you need to see more, or if you are not that interested you can just read a sumarised version.

Apple has also picked Flipboard as the app of the year, they get my vote as well, the Swimsuit Eddition isn't bad either ;-)

It only for the iPad and its a free app, well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment